Keith Tucker works as a truck driver and professional mover. He lives in Elgin, Illinois where he is raising his daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Keith and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was so excited! My first thought was OMG I’m going to be a daddy!
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- I’m 49 and a first-time Dad. Before my daughter was born I had no experience when it came to babies. I had to learn how to properly & efficiently change a diaper and make a bottle. (among many other things). My daughter is learning about the world around her and I am always open to suggestions on how to be the best Daddy I can be.
- What do you do for fun with your child?
- My daughter loves to watch the Bubble Guppies! So after work we will play for a while then enjoy an episode or two. She also loves it when I lift her high in the air and make her fly!
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- I know it’s our job as men to provide for our families but time is extremely precious and once it’s gone it’s something we can never get back. Make spending quality time with your family a priority.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Seeing my daughter’s beautiful smile and hearing her adorable laugh for the first time is something I will always remember.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.