John Joseph lives in Lamar, Missouri where he is raising his three daughters and son. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about John and his kids!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I felt happy, anxious, and excited.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I turned to my mom and significant other.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Dealing with the screaming and attitude.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Whatever they want within reason of course.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be patient, stay calm and listen.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- My kids come first.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Every time they run into my arms and hug me and tell me they love me.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.