Darrel Kelly works as a fitness coach. He lives in Sydney, Australia where he is raising his four daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Darrel and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Excited but very nervous.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Close friends with older daughters.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Fun, funny, sporty, strong, helpful loving and caring.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- When Covid hit and the work stopped I had a little breakdown as I wasn’t sure how I was going to be able to support and provide for them.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- My relationship with my eldest daughter in the UK.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- We go out on day trips and they’re now involved in my fitness job helping me make content, which they love doing!
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- To listen to them really hear what they have to say and if they ever come for a hug or to hold your hand NEVER say not now.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- By getting them involved in most of what I do.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Too many to choose from. Abi brought he an amazing painting she did of her best friend, through lock down Jess and I spent a lot of time building the Lego Disney castle and Izzy scoring her first hat trick in soccer…the biggest smile you have ever seen!
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.