Daniel Ritchie works as a Linkage Coordinator and Peer Recovery Specialist at UC Medical Center in the Emergency Room. He lives in Cincinnati, Ohio where he is raising his two daughters and son! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Daniel and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Disbelief, excitement, and alive all at once.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My best friend Aaron. He has 3 daughters.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Grumpy lol. Loving and dun unconditionally. Strong.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Knowing that everything I do today not only affects me, but also affects my daughters.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would have been more financially ready.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- We go to get ice cream. Go to the playground. Take them on trips.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Remember that your daughters will let a man treat them just as you treat their mother.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I’m still working on that, but I do make sure I take time off work to spend with them if needed.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- My daughters birth. The first time my bonus daughter told me she loved me. Watching them play together. I can’t pick just one, I’m so blessed to constantly be creating new “most memorable moments” daily.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.