Brent Phillips helps parents stay lean and fit and is based in Ontario, Canada where you can also find him raising his amazing children.
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
Was on the toilet in mid poop and in shock at first but then SUPER EXCITED
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
FB groups other fathers that are in similar circumstances and close male friends
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad
Fun, playful, loving, caring, makes me giggle all the time
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Doing enough to keep my wife happy, help her with the kids(FT job on mat leave) and juggling time with my career and health
5. Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
6. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
Chase her around the house like a monster, tickle her, do daddy daughter workouts like pushups or squat thrust throwing her in the air.
7. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
ALWAYS STEP FIRST WITH LOVE AND NEVER BE AFRAID TO KISS AND HUG YOUR DAUGHTER EVER CHANCE YOU GET!!! That includes in public!
8. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
Still learning lol and I feel like I will always be learning to get better!
9. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
My daughters first words…dada and my daughters first time kissing me on the cheek and hugging me right after… melted my heart.