Luis Silva is Self Employed and lives in Yonkers, NY where he is raising two daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Luis and his daughters!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I couldn’t believe it. I was young.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My guy friends who had daughters.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Always working or doing errands.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Becoming a man.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Absolutely not.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Sports and eating.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be patient, act accordingly, and always show love.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Yes, very hard, but yes.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Watching my baby girls play sports.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.