Today on the Dads with Daughters Podcast we spoke with Dr. Tom Phelan, founder and author the 1-2-3 Magic series of trainings and books about his company and resources as well as his experiences as a father.
About Dr. Tom Phelan
A registered clinical psychologist, Thomas W. Phelan, Ph.D. has worked with children, adults and families for over 35 years. He is a member of the American Psychological Association and the Illinois Psychological Association. In addition to writing and producing, Dr. Phelan maintains an active schedule of international lectures, and is a frequent guest on radio and television. His articles appear in numerous regional and national publications. Dr. Phelan received his Doctorate from Loyola University Chicago in 1970 after completing his internship at the Loyola Child Guidance Center. He worked at the DuPage County Mental Health Center until 1972 and then entered private practice. He has also served on the boards of directors for both ADDA and CHADD, two national organizations for the parents of children with ADD/ADHD. He was inducted into the CHADD Hall of Fame in 1997.
Some of his books
- 1-2-3 Magic for Kids: Helping Your Kids Understand the New Rules
- 1-2-3 Magic (Effective Discipline for Children 2-12)
- 1-2-3 Magic Workbook: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
- 1-2-3 Magic Teen: Communicate, Connect, and Guide Your Teen to Adulthood
- 1-2-3 Magic Workbook: An Interactive Parenting Resource
- Tantrums!: Managing Meltdowns in Public and Private (1-2-3 Magic Parenting)
- 1-2-3 Magic in the Classroom: Effective Discipline for Pre-K through Grade 8
- 1-2-3 Parenting with Heart: Three-Step Discipline for a Calm and Godly Household
- 1-2-3 Magia: Disciplina Efectiva para Niños de 2 a 12 (Spanish Edition)
- 1-2-3 Magic for Christian Parents: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12
If you’ve enjoyed today’s episode of the Dads With Daughters podcast we invite you to check out the Fatherhood Insider. The Fatherhood Insider is the essential resource for any dad that wants to be the best dad that he can be. We know that no child comes with an instruction manual and most are figuring it out as they go along. The Fatherhood Insider is full of valuable resources and information that will up your game on fatherhood. Through our extensive course library, interactive forum, step-by-step roadmaps and more you will engage and learn with experts but more importantly with dads like you. So check it out today!