Terrance Davis is our Dad of the Week. He works as a cold storage warehouse manager in Rockmart, Georgia. He’s got an amazing daughter as you’ll see!
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
Shock of finding out my wife was pregnant especially because she wasn’t suppose to have kids, excitement to be a father. Fear of wondering if I was going to be a good father.
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad?
Crazy, silly tickle monster.
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Making sure I’m always available for her, no matter when or what I’m doing she’s first priority.
Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
I wouldn’t change anything .
5. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
Six flags, tickle monster(game we play) pumpkin painting, crafting. Soccer.
6. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
Don’t be afraid to be girly. It will create a stronger bond to participate in her activities.
7. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
Having a great wife helped with that, but my job knows that my family comes first. If my daughter calls me, the world stops for her.
8. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
Times with her at the arcade or teaching her how to play video games, and how to your her shoes