Robert Fejes is a full time crane operator and part time community builder & family motivator from Malta. He and his wife are raising one daughter with another on the way! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Robert and his children!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Excitement and fear. Didn’t really realize til she was one year old. 😄
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- We turned to each other with my wife as we live very remotely from our family in a different country, and even them, they had only boys.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- The source of fun, when he is at home, and also the go to if mommy is angry.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- The time I miss out on seeing her due to work.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Playing, taking them to different places, showing her new experiences as much as I can, training together. Fortunately she is very attracted to the way of sport we do as parents and trying to mimic us all the time.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Definitely spend as much time together as much you can, and never exchange that time with buying them instead.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Well its a quite interesting question as I believe in two things. We have time for what we make to, but also we never have time for everything, so it is a big game of compromises.. You just need to prioritize grand time.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Most definitely when she has born.. It was a very rough ride, and I think I was never as emotional in my entire life before nor after.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.