Nathan Ouwehand is a former film and television art director. He lives in Cloyne Ontario Canada where he is raising his two daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Nathan and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Nearly fainted.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Lots of books and websites for twins.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Too young to say. But I know they love me.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Learning with two right away.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Being more organized with them.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- They are water babies so we spend a lot of time in and around water.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- All food stays at the table (they’re two).
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Swimming at the YMCA for the first time.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.