Mynhardt de Wet is Self Employed and lives in Pretoria where he is raising two daughters! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Mynhardt and his daughters!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Joyfully surprised and so thankful.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- To my sisters.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Awesome – Lol! Loving and present.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- I am a single father and I always second guess myself to give them the best possible parenting. It’s freak’n scary, but so so rewarding.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- The beginning. I should have been more patient and less selfish.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Exploring! They love exploring in nature and also going to play parks and watching movies.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Just be yourself and keep their need for love and time always in mind! Be happy with yourself, your kids notice self esteem and it gives them security.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- When they are with me, I spend majority of my time with them. If we go out, it will be to a safe environment with friends or family. I am fortunate to also have time for my own interests when they are with their mother.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Being able to grow and believe in myself as a capable and loving father. Everyday is memorable, love is in the eye of the beholder.. seeking his daughters face!
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.