Mark runs an insurance agency and produces a show for fathers called Actidad. He lives in South Florida with family including one son and daughter.
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Hayden!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- I read the mayo clinic guide to the first year. I now interview fathers for Actidad the Awesome Dad Show. It’s been hugely helpful in teaching me how to be a better dad.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Time! It takes a lot of effort to fulfill the roles of a father, husband, provider, community leader.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing specifically. Failures and mistakes are part of the growth process.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- We love swimming, biking, skateboarding, visiting playgrounds, wrestling, painting, zoos.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be patient. Fatherhood is very difficult, and kids will not always listen. Remember you were once that age, be patient.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Scheduling and setting realistic expectations with my family.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- So many! Learning to swim and ride a bike. Just the whole birth process as a whole was memorable.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9