Josiah Partin is the owner and operator of a web agency in Ohio, where he is raising his 2 daughters and son. Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Josiah and his children!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was excited! Always wanted a family, daughter first.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- No one, I wasn’t close with my father so I was excited to figure things out on my own and do the best I can.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- My daughters tell me I’m the best daddy ever and that they love spending time with me. They are young.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Filing for custody sooner. I let her biological mother get away with everything and that was harmful to the child even though I was trying to make things work. I should have put a higher priority on my daughter and not allowed bio mom to walk all over me.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Biking, swimming, hiking, planting, trampoline, campfires, board games, reading books
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Every situation is different, one size doesn’t fit all. Being the best that you can be is all that’s required, there are a lot of dead beats out there moms included. Your kids will always cherish the time you spend with them and how you raise them.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- When the kids are around there is no outside life. They are my life and I enjoy including them in things that I normally do. It teaches responsibility and ownership. Occasionally plan a kayaking trip or ride motorcycle for a bit.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- The first time she walked, the first time she talked, the first time she said “I love you daddy”, watching her grow every day are proud moments.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.