Jordan is a meat cutter at Sprouts in Albuquerque, New Mexico. When not at work, you can find him raising his amazing daughter!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Jordan and his daughter!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Pure happiness. All I’ve ever wanted to be is a father
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My father who has 3 daughters himself.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Funny, helpful, loving
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Fighting for full custody. To dig my name out of the dirt and make sure I represent myself as the man I am, and get my child in a healthy happy place for her to grow.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would’ve switched careers sooner. I would’ve had more time with her in the early years.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- We ride our bikes, go to the trampoline park, and of the museums or zoo around the city.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Girls are emotional. Learn to be open and emotional with them. The more open, honest, and actually talk about your feelings with your daughter, as she grows older she will find comfort in telling you about her life. Which will in turn keep her from having most secrets from you because she wont be afraid to talk to you.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Being a father is a 24/7 365 job. There are no days off. No outside life. You sing a father is your life. There will always be time for friends and dates when your child is with her mom, or at school. But when shes with you. You are on duty. No exceptions.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Getting her her first bike, taking her swimming for the first time. watching her overcome her fears of both was amazing.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9