John Dillinger is a police officer in South Carolina where he is raising two daughters. Click on the images to learn more about John and his experiences.
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
I was beyond excited.
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
My brother as he had a daughter, which was the 1st girl in 3 generations to be born into the family
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad?
Funny and always willing to do whatever it takes to make sure they have everything the need.
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Letting them be themselves and watching them make the same mistakes I made growing up.
5. Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
I would probably have more kids.
6. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
The oldest is my college football, MLB partner. The youngest is my swimming buddy. We spend a lot of time in the pool.
7. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
They will hate you at least once. Just keep loving them and they will come around.
8. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
Well my kids are my life. I try to spend as much time with them as they will be memories not only for me but for them as well.
9. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
Watching my kids discover something new to them that we as adults take for granted.