John Buckley is a cook on a well boat for Cooke aquaculture, which means he is away from his home and family much of the year. When not at work, you can find him at home in Rothesay, NB, Canada raising his amazing daughter!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about John and his daughters!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Pure disbelief
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My two closest friend Zac and Dallon.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Hopefully as her hero.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Trying to raise my daughter for a world that’s sadly going into the gutter. Worrying for her future is hard.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Being closer to home. Working away can be rough.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- She’s only 4 months old but we love having tummy time together and watching cartoons.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Be the man that you would want you daughter to bring home as a boyfriend
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Trying to focus on the important things. And not go out for no reason.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Watching her grow from 9lbs 4oz to 22 pounds in only 4 months.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9