Jason Phillips hails from Southern Pines, North Carolina where he works in hotel management and is raising his daughter. Click on the images to learn more about Jason and his views on raising a daughter.
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
Tears of absolute joy
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
I turned to my father, stepfather, my exes dad, and a few friends that had girls.
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad?
She says I’m silly and cute. I’ll take it!
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Once my ex and I split up, just learning to make it happen on my own was difficult at first.
5. Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
Just the fact that I wish my ex and I could have made it work to still be a family.
6. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
We go for walks, go to movies, play with toys and puzzles, and just have fun!
7. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
Your love is the bar that is set that she will use the rest of her life. Show her what true unconditional love is.
8. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
I don’t have her full time, so I have my life when she’s away but when she’s here, it’s just about work and my sweet girl.
9. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
Every second has been amazing and I wouldn’t trade any of it for the world.