Hayden is a Uh-60 Blackhawk crew chief and lives in Fort Drum, New York. When not working, you can find him raising his daughter with another on the way!
Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Hayden!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- I was a little nervous at first but then i was pretty excited and could not wait to meet her
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- My dad, grandpa, other friends with daughters
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Awesome of course, hardworking, funny, their superhero
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Trying to balance work, while making time for my daughter and learning all the girly things
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- It has just begun, but I wouldn’t change it for the world
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Ryleigh likes to chase me around the house and play house
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- Don’t take the time you have with them for granted. Cherish every growing moment
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- I try to find a happy medium between the two. But if I’ve had a bad day at work I don’t bring any of that negativity in the house it all gets left at the door.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Watching my daughters excited face when she sees my face on FaceTime since I’m deployed currently. Makes my days a thousand times better
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/7NWYZd1k7RoaTndN9