Every week we spotlight a great dad within one of our Fathering Together Communities to share some of their experiences with you!
Dennis Tyson is from Rochester, New York where he is a truck driver and raising 1 amazing daughter.
1. What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
I couldn’t believe it. I was so excited because we waited for so long.
2. When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
My brother, he has two daughters
3. How would your kids describe you as a dad?
Since she is currently one and a half, she would say I am awesome! Lol
4. What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
Learning to put her first!
5. Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
Just the wait for how long it took.
6. What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
We play with her toys!
7. What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
Be the best that you can be. Don’t try to be someone you’re not.
8. How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
I have come to realize that at her age I don’t really have an outside life.
9. What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
All of her firsts!