Chris Walker works as a Construction Superintendent at Hellas construction. He lives in Grand Saline, TX where he is raising his daughter! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Chris and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- Extreme happiness and also nervous and fear of failure.
- When you knew you were going to be a father, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- God and the Bible.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- Funny and honest.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- I travel all over for work so being gone long periods of time.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- I would have chosen a different career so I don’t have to travel so much.
- What do you do for fun with your children?
- We’re a football family and I work in football so a lot of games plus I play like I’m a kid when I’m at home.
- What advice would you give to other dads?
- Relax take a deep breath and let them be children.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- By understanding patience and family comes first.
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Watching my daughter do things for the first time like walk and her first words and throw a ball.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.