Alexander Montgomery works as a concrete pool finisher and renovator. He lives in Beamsville Ontario Canada where he is raising his daughter and is expecting! Every Dad of the Week answers the following questions, read on to learn more about Alexander and his family!
- What was your first reaction when you found out that you were going to be a father?
- The feeling of overjoyed and love rushed over me like a tidal wave.
- When you knew you were going to be a father of a daughter, who or where did you turn to for advice?
- Honestly no one. I’m an only child and my father and mom aren’t the best with advice.
- How would your kids describe you as a dad?
- I’m the fun loving, goofy, caring, and energetic father.
- What has been the largest challenge you have had in being a father?
- Not being able to ask my daughter why she’s upset and have her tell me.
- Looking back on your life as a father, what would you change if you could?
- Nothing so far. I know I’m doing well because my girl is the happiest baby around.
- What do you do for fun with your daughter(s)?
- Peekaboo, tag, and don’t tell mommy I gave you donuts.
- What advice would you give to other dads with daughters?
- You are their first love. Show them how a man is supposed to treat a lady and you will never worry about her well being.
- How have you come to balance fatherhood and outside life?
- Well due to Covid, outside life is non-existent. Hahaha
- What have been the most memorable experiences that you have had thus far as a father?
- Watching her be born and having her look up at me seconds after she was out.
If you’d like to be spotlighted in the weeks ahead, please fill out this form.